Local Theatre / Music Festivals
It is a known fact that Italians love any excuse for a festival, and they ensure there are plenty of reasons to have them. Many add a note of pageantry and a cultural and historical flavour to your holiday. Some are religion-based, some are great costume affairs, music festivals and antique fairs, some with origins dating back to the Middle Ages. There are countless small local festivals. The best advice we can give you is to look out for the banners and posters advertising them as you drive through the different areas.
A Few Local Theatre / Music Festivals:
- The Opera at the Macerata Sferisterio (outdoor stadium) is an important event for Marche. July & August – tel +39 0733 230735
- Teatro Classico – Classical theatre productions staged in two of the Marche’s finest Roman amphitheatres – July & August – tel. +39 0734 710115 (Falerone) or +39 0733 506385 (Urbisaglia)
- Amandola – International Theatre Festival – end August to early September. tel. +39 0736 840704
- Castelfidardo – International Accordion Festival early October. One of the world’s leading events dedicated to the instrument. Tel +39 071 7829349.
- Ancona – Ancona Jazz Festival – Teatro Sperimentale – early November. tel. +39 071 217 4239
See more information on the Le Marche website.